Friday, September 13, 2013

24yrs ago today, I was 17, this is still my best ever day!




Its interesting looking back on this day 24 years on. The Booted Warbler was the outstanding highlight, a very rare bird then. It showed amazingly well in the small dell at Bempton, perching on the outside wooden fence and often feeding at very close range on low rough vegetation, en-cirled by 30 odd birders. How I would love to repeat that just a mile to the NW. As a 17 years old I was buzzing after this day for weeks, just like winning the lottery, interesting how with time desires change, then it was about bunking off school and essentially twitching, now its about strategically using leave from work and finding birds on my patch !

2 comments:

Mark James Pearson said...

Fantastic Mark! I could do with a Filey roll-call like that right now....

Josh Marshall said...

Wow! That's ridiculous!!